A LITTLE GEM OF A QUIRKY 17th CENTURY VILLAGE PUB FOR SALE ENJOYING A FAVOURED AFFLUENT LOCALE
£250,000 OFFERS IN THE REGION OF
Property Details« Return to Property Book
AWARD WINNING AUTHENTIC 17th CENTURY STONE PUB FOR SALE ENCAPSULATING ALL THE MAGIC OF A ENGLISH COUNTY TAVERN TOTALY UNSPOILT BY TIME SET WITHIN EXCLUSIVE LINCS VILLAGE OF HARMSTON
- Consistent Sales “ticking over” at £118,000 inc vat split 70% Wet to 30% Dry Certainly running at a profit.
- Favoured “watering hole” for well balanced client base
- Cosy Locals Bar with “timeless living” (24+) Flexi Dining Room (24-36c)
- CAMRA East Midlands Pub of the Year
- Same owners 10 years – ideal for families – great schools
- Well kept spacious 3/4 bedroom owners comm
LOCATION (LN5 9SN)
Harmston is a picturesque and classic English Country village and civil parish in the North Kesteven district of Lincolnshire, England. It lies just west of the A607. 5 miles (8.0 km) south of Lincoln. It sits on the Lincoln Cliff overlooking the River Witham valley and is mentioned within the Domesday Book. The renowned Harmston Hall was built as a manor house in 1710 for Sir Charles Thorold, and in 1719 was the home of Sir George Thorold. Lord Mayor of London. Harmston remained a small village until the mid-1990s when the new owner of Harmston Hall, a local property developer, made plans for a housing development at the southern perimeter of the village on the former hospital site. The new housing estate, completed in 2006, brought in new people and has transformed Harmston from an agricultural to a mainly commuter village for workers in nearby Lincoln. The PUB lies off High Street close to the Norman Church of All Saints.
What the customers say....
“This place is excellent. It’s like being in someone’s front room. Local regulars are very friendly and if its cold there is always a roaring fire lit. The food however, is something to behold, excellent home cooked pub grub. The menu is very limited and you get what they are cooking that day but it’s always first class. It’s not fine dining, but for a pub, this is the standard you aspire to achieve.”
Constructed in the 17th Century of mellow Lincolnshire Stone under pitched tiled roofs the property has abounding character and a feeling of “timeless living”, and to many “their dream pub” all together a rare and notable property. The cosy LOCALS BAR (24+) is furnished with a mix of soft settees and high back chairs to timber farmhouse tables. An upright piano sits in one corner and fish tanks bubble away to the side of the feature open fire which roars away in deepest winter and smolders’ though “when ever needed”. It is not unusual to see ladies curled up on the sofas with legs tucked under, with the men folk, shoes off in stocking feet. The ambiance can only be described as “gold standard” and you can see how the pub has won so many awards. CENTRAL BAR SERVERY has a range of Real Ale Wickets set into a timber counter top with back fittings. Separate DINING ROOM (24-36c) is flexible in its use according to occasion such as private dining and family parities to a well patronized Beer Festival. CATERING KITCHEN fitted with S/S equipment , fitted extraction and tiled walls. TOILETS, internal Ladies, Gents & disabled facilities. BEER CELLAR is set deep and ideal for the keeping of real ales.
The owners accommodation is very “cottagey” comprising of 3 good bedrooms, private lounge (which could be used as a 4th bedroom, kitchen with sitting/dining area off, family bathroom and separate shower & w/c.
To the front of the property is the car park (10) which is also used as a patio with timber sets.
We are advised that the business has a Premises licence that allows opening 11am till 11.30pm Mon – Weds, 11am till 12.30am Thurs , Fri Sat and 11am till 12 midnight Sunday. Actual trading hours are Closed Mon & Tues lunch with 6pm till close. The rest of the week 12noon till 3pm then 6pm till close with Sunday 12noon till 3pm then 7pm till close A Personal License will be required and our training associates can assist with this for you.
We are instructed to offer the property and business for sale as TOTALLY FREEHOLD
We are advised that the pub benefits from all mains connected with gas central heating . Business rates payable of £2558 p.a.
The business has been owned by our clients for 10 years and have enjoyed a smashing life style and satisfactory income from their efforts bearing in mind that they live free out of the business. The business is run by one of the clients with the other in alternative employment; Sales are consistent at circa £120,000 inc vat on a split of 70% Wet to 30% Dry. With a RNP (after finance and deprecation) running with regularity circa £20,000. There is plenty more to be achieved with a re-focus on the available market, you could say “an opportunity waiting to happen”.
THIS IS A RARE CHANCE TO PURCHASE A HOMELY FREEHOUSE PUB WITHIN A QUALITY RESIDENTIAL HISTORIC VILLAGE AT A MOST SENSIBLE PRICE.
Accounts information will be made available to interested parties after viewing.
Our associates will be pleased to advise and assist in the purchase of this outstanding business.
The Property was viewed by Graham Allman who will be delighted to discuss the opportunity with you 7 days a week on 07765 251 208.
Viewings appointments can be made via one of GA-SELECT Business Managers on 01530 41 41 40 who can also refer you to experienced solicitors, accountants, and other trade experts.
The Current Market: Business Valuation
- GA Select are now offering to arrange for one of our highly experienced Directors to visit your premises and provide you with a professional Opinion as to the latest Market value of your Business.
This will enable you to measure the value of your particular business to your Pub Co should you wish to buy your Pub from them. We can even put you in touch with finance sources to assist you with this.
- We will provide you with a confidential written report as to the value of a freehold free house along with an opinion as to the "bricks and mortar" value enabling you to make the decision as to just how much you should be offering, is it affordable and would it be beneficial to you?
- You will be surprised just how reasonable our services are and of course the fee is claimable back against your taxation liability including the VAT.
- "Expert witness" support is also available for partnership “buy outs” and unfortunate marriage split ups. Phone now for a no-obligation quote 01530 414140
GA SELECT 01530 41 41 40
The Leisure Industry is almost 75%
of our Country’s Income
- The Licensing Pub Industry comprises in excess of 50,000 public houses and licensed trade premises with Pretty Village Pubs, outstanding Coaching Inns, Bars and Restaurants, offering affordable Leaseholds and Freeholds, along with a wide selection of Social Clubs, Large and Small Hotels collectively covering local villages or city centre sites, country venues and historic market towns.
- The Licensing Industry is without question excellent ways of earning a good profitable living, Inland Revenue recognize a saving to potential purchases of £30,000 a year living expenses, dependant on trading figures; this is without doubt a figure not to be taken likely, GA Select have all licensed premises for sale throughout England and Wales. Please contact the GA Select office for any further information.
GA SELECT 01530 41 41 40
New Pension Reform
How will it affect me and my Staff?.
- From the 1st October 2012 the workplace pension’s law has changed. Every employer Have new legal duties to help their workers in the UK save for retirement. They must automatically enrol certain workers into a qualifying workplace pension scheme and make contributions towards the pension scheme.
- These duties will be staged over a six year period, starting with large Company Employers.
- We have a range of information available to help you get to grips with your new duties, of workplace pensions.
- The government has introduced a new law to make it easier for people to save for their retirement. It requires all employers to enrol their employees into a qualifying workplace scheme if they are not already in one.
Automatic Enrolment – What does this Mean?
For further information please contact the GA Select office or Tick the ‘Pension Reform’ box in our contact form
Does this affect me?
- Are not already in a qualifying workplace pension scheme
- Are at least 22 years old
- Are below state pension age
- Earn more than £8105 a year;- and
- Work or ordinarily work in the UK (under their contract)
- However, even if you do not qualify to be automatically enrolled, you still have the right to join the scheme. If you tell your employer that you would like to opt in to the scheme, they must allow you to do so
- Although automatic enrolment comes in from 1st October 2012. Individual employers duties will be introduced gradually over the following five years. And will be based on the employers size. More Info:
Employers have to automatically enrol workers who for example:-
When is this happening?
GA SELECT 01530 41 41 40
Residential Retirement VillagesAssisted living – The way of the future
- With a population with an ever increasing life expectancy the pressure is on to provide solutions to the problems of living longer. Later Living and Assisted Living apartments and specialized residential gated villages will be part of that solution. The NHS will also be under pressure and this will also need to be addressed.
- Most local authorities and the National Government have strategies to support people to live independently however both nursing homes and residential homes have failed to progress as rapidly as expected. Independently run and financed “drop in centre’s” will resolve some of the pressure on the NHS and more and more people will be “down sizing” from family homes to apartments , penthouses and bungalows within gated secure communities.
- Due to this GA-SELECT has a number of clients with requirements from larger “village sites” to .6 of an acre for a small but well presented apartment block for 10 to 12 assisted flats. Redundant pub and social clubs make idea locales for these types of properties. 6 acres will provide a residential care home with 85 + apartments, drop in medical centre and circa 20 quality assisted dwellings. If you have a site that you believe fills the criteria give our offices a call for a no obligation confidential discussion.
GA SELECT 01530 41 41 40
Independant Full Commercial Finance
- As the UK’s leading commercial finance broker specialising in the licensed and hospitality sector we have access to exclusive products and lenders.
- We have been working closely with a wide variety of funding sources including, banks, building societies, private lenders, investors and breweries since the 1980s.
- We are an independent partnership and thus have the ability to work purely on behalf of our clients.
- We pride ourselves on giving the best possible advice, even if that means turning a case down if we do not believe it to be viable.
- Being trusted is important to us, that’s why our finance broker has been approved for the BIIBSA (British Institute of Innkeepers Business Accreditation Scheme) and we are full members (since 1997) of the National Association of Commercial Finance Brokers.
- We only ever charge a fee when we’re successful and all of our clients have A FREE initial consultation and appraisal.
- By working closely with clients, lenders and other professionals our customers have a better chance of completing a purchase or refinance than those of other brokers or who approach their banks direct.
- We have the highest success rate with our primary lender of any intermediary in the UK, across all business sectors.
- Over the years we have supplied extensive advice and case studies to the hospitality trade press as well as being invited by a number of lenders to assist them in writing their policy for the licensed trade.
- We are able to assist with the purchase of premises or business, equipment, vehicles and can offer a variety of other savings across the finance markets.
- We provide a monthly newsletter with information about funding, the market etc. Please call the office for further details.
- We are full members of the National Association of Commercial Finance Brokers and subscribe to their code of conduct. We are members of the professional advisors panel of BIIBAS.
GA SELECT 01530 41 41 40
Commercial Property Solicitors
- With more than 20 years experience of acting for licensees in the acquisition, financing and disposals of pubs, clubs and hotels we should be the first point of contact for all your legal needs.
- We have acted for hundreds of licensee clients both buying and selling freehold properties. We have been acting for licensees since 1987. Our in-depth knowledge of the marketplace and licensed trade, paired with our technical expertise makes us the perfect choice to act for you.
- Our team takes a very practical and proactive approach in getting the deal done.
- Whether you are new to the pub trade and need advice on drinks ties, licensing legislation and what to expect or you are a seasoned professional we have the right team to work with you in achieving your goals.
- Providing a personal, friendly and efficient service at completive prices, we take pride in our customer service and reputation.
- Liquor Licenses
- Corporate & Commercial
- Wills & Probate
- Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPA)
- Family Law
Additional legal services offered by us include:
GA SELECT 01530 41 41 40
Freehold Sites with Change of Use Potential
- Our associate has over 30 years in the property market, across all sectors of the industry.
- Our associate has acted on behalf of Punch Taverns PLC, and Greene King.
- Now brings his expertise to the sale of more challenging pub and Licensed premise sites.
- He can ‘tap into’ a wealth of talent, to assess, promote, progress and complete on sites with potential for redevelopment, or a change of use.
- The team at GA Select are expert at getting premises delicensed, where appropriate.
- We have the skill set to unlock the potential in your pub, all you need do is call or email us.
- Redundancy, Lifestyle change, semi retirement or ‘because I want to’.
- More and more people are looking at buying a lifestyle business in mainland europe, but are put off by the red tape.
- GA Select now have an Associate based in Southern France, who can offer expert advice on both the buying and selling process.
- We are able to assist with the purchase of a licensed property for you, or can sell your existing business, if you have decided to move back to the UK or vice versa.