Property Details« Return to Property Book
COMFORTABLE TRADITIONAL LOCAL NEIGHBOURHOOD PUB LOCATED WITHIN THE AMBER VALLEY VILLAGE OF HEAGE DERBYSHIRE
A TRADITIONAL EASY TO RUN FREEHOUSE PUB OFFERED AT £280,000 FREEHOLD TO INCLUDE FIXTURES AND FITTINGS, GOODWILL PLUS S.A.V.
- Sales held at VAT threshold – 100% wet driven – catering kitchen
- Suitable for alternative use
- Lounge (30) & Snug (18) + pool area
- Patio & beer garden with open country views – parking (20)
- Gateway to Derby Peak District yet within strong “chimney pot” village
- 3 large bed roomed owners accommodation – private yard / garage
LOCATION (DE56 2AG)
The village of Heage in Derbyshire is situated midway between Belper and Ripley and is today famous for its recently-restored six-sailed windmill. Work on building the mill started in 1791 and it was first recorded as working in 1797. The tower is built from local sandstone and after its recent renovation it is now back in working order. Heage is a scattered village lying between the larger towns of Ripley, Ambergate and Belper. The village is in two main parts, Heage itself, and Nether Heage (or formerly High Heage and Low Heage). Neither village has a centre and consists of houses and cottages scattered along the roads and lanes, with some small estates of modern housing. The name is from the Anglo-Saxon ‘Heegge’ meaning high, lofty or sublime. Situated in the Amber Valley area, the main occupations of the original inhabitants would have been farming. There are still family-owned farms today, rearing sheep and dairy cattle and growing cereal and root crops. You will find the village either from the A38 then B6374 or from the A610 and then the B6374. The pub is to be found on Brook Street and is on a main bus route.
The property is of painted local brick construction possibly dating back to the Georgian period, under pitched tiled roofs and has an imposing attractive side aspect. Internally the property is very traditional with a mix of fixed seating and stools / stools to polished bar tables set on wrought iron bases, the public rooms being carpeted and has some beaming providing a “Tudor” effect. LOUNGE (30) with CENTRAL BAR SERVERY having a range of Real Ale Wickets and “bright beer” pumps. The server is of mid stained paneled timber construction with polished counter top. A store area is to the rear. To one end of the lounge is an area set aside for playing pool and darts. SNUG (18) provides a further dart board and has a fitted gas fire. BEER CELLAR is set below ground. LADIES & GENTS facilities are provided internally. CATERING KITCHEN, currently not used by our client is off the pool area and partly equipped.
The owner of the pub has 3 large bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen and living area with a private yard and garage.
To the bottom end of the car park (20) is a grassed garden area with open country views. To the pubs side a patio area has been laid out with timber garden furniture.
We are advised that the business has a Premises licence that allows opening of 10am through to 12 midnight then 1am Friday and Saturday. Currently the business is closed all day Monday then opens daily at 12 noon until close. A Personal License will be required and our training associates can assist with this for you.
We are instructed to offer the property and business for sale as TOTALLY FREEHOLD
We are advised that the pub benefits from water ,sewage, electric and gas. Business rates payable are below £1,000 p.a.
The business has been owned by our clients for 5 years and due to bereavement have decided to retire. Prior to this, the owners chose to trade up to the VAT threshold totally wet driven. Without doubt there is a tremendous opportunity to take trade further with new inspired and energetic owners. Alternative use (subject to PP’s) is also feasible. The property does not have a “listing” and there are other business’s within the village therefore change of use if required should not be a problem. ECP will be made available upon request.
THIS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED FOR ALTERNATIVE USE OR AS A LOW KEY EASY TO RUN LOCALS PUB.
Accounts information will be made available to interested parties after viewing.
Our finance associates will be pleased to advise and assist in the purchase of this outstanding business.
The Property was viewed by Graham Allman who will be delighted to discuss the opportunity with you 7 days a week on 07765 251 208.
Viewings appointments can be made via one of GA-SELECT Business Managers on 01530 41 41 40 who can also refer you to experienced solicitors, accountants, and other trade experts.
Properties needed throughout
Due to massive recent sales of good quality freeholds and leaseholds the GA Select Team are on the look out to build on our already existing property portfolio.
If you have a business requiring a FREE valuation with a view to placing it on the market with no UP FRONT FEE’S, please contact 01530 41 41 40 speak either with our team of Business Managers or our Managing Director Mr Graham Allman in confidence.Our immediate area’s/regions we are looking for are as follows:
• Covering all of the Midlands and Central England
• Covering all of the Northern Parts of England (excluding Scotland)
• Covering all Southern parts of the country including the West Country
This coverage gives us an excellent feeder to our already thirsty Data Base of Private Purchases, Investors, Business Co’s & Major Corporate Organisation of which we have a very good reputation with over 40 years in the industry.
GA SELECT 01530 41 41 40
Careers with GA Select
- All Regions throughout England & Wales
- Filed Based with Head Office support
- Ethical high integrity professionals
- Experienced in the Licensed Trade but looking for a change of direction?
- Full 1:1 Agency training given “The Select Way” – Single applicants or Ideal for a “Couple”
- Proactive & fully committed Self-employed basis with above trade average generous commission split – Ideal for those who have worked as a “Hands on Couple”
- We are not offering a “Franchise” but to become Associate members of our SELECT TEAM Apply in the strictest confidence by sending your CV to Graham Allman MD Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to our recent on-going outstanding sales performance
“The Search is on for”
Associate Sales Directors
GA SELECT 01530 41 41 40
The Current Market: Business Valuation
- GA Select are now offering to arrange for one of our highly experienced Directors to visit your premises and provide you with a professional Opinion as to the latest Market value of your Business.
This will enable you to measure the value of your particular business to your Pub Co should you wish to buy your Pub from them. We can even put you in touch with finance sources to assist you with this.
- We will provide you with a confidential written report as to the value of a freehold free house along with an opinion as to the "bricks and mortar" value enabling you to make the decision as to just how much you should be offering, is it affordable and would it be beneficial to you?
- You will be surprised just how reasonable our services are and of course the fee is claimable back against your taxation liability including the VAT.
- "Expert witness" support is also available for partnership “buy outs” and unfortunate marriage split ups. Phone now for a no-obligation quote 01530 414140
GA SELECT 01530 41 41 40
Let's Reflect on the Real “HOW IT IS”
Today, we find ourselves in a much more positive environment than we have experienced for many years.
Instead of daily reports of doom and gloom and the cynic’s death knell for the industry, we now have daily reports of positive performance, new companies, prize winning licensees and growing markets within the sector, such as traditional real ales and craft cider.
We reported our optimism in the sector back in 2008, and each year since, despite the doom mongers. We are pleased that our faith in the sector and predictions have been proven correct. The pub industry is part of our DNA mostly thanks to our hard working publicans and their families
We believe in it, we promote it, we enjoy it, live and breathe it.
Let us hope that the few remaining negative issues get resolved soon and we see even more positive news of a UK business sector that employs tens of thousands and contributes billions of pounds to the UK GDP.
The bad news is behind us. We have all heard the bad news about the licensed trade almost ad nausea over the past years.
- The smoking ban
- The duty escalator raising taxes above inflation
- Wages and power costs rising above inflation
- The general recession inhibiting spending power
- Off sales undercutting the price of on sales
But well run pubs have coped with this and have been announcing increased like-for-likes in the managed sector and improved like-for-likes in the tenanted/leased sectors.
So what are the positives of this year?
- Pubcos have out performed the FTSE 100
- The ALMR announced that small owner/run companies increased like-for-like sales by 4.9%
- The ALMR announced that the running costs of a public house have stabilized
- Less pubs are closing (down from 40 to 6 per week) the elimination of unviable pubs improves the potential of those that remain.
- 71% of public house tenants said they were happy with their landlord
GA SELECT 01530 41 41 40
Residential Retirement VillagesAssisted living – The way of the future
- With a population with an ever increasing life expectancy the pressure is on to provide solutions to the problems of living longer. Later Living and Assisted Living apartments and specialized residential gated villages will be part of that solution. The NHS will also be under pressure and this will also need to be addressed.
- Most local authorities and the National Government have strategies to support people to live independently however both nursing homes and residential homes have failed to progress as rapidly as expected. Independently run and financed “drop in centre’s” will resolve some of the pressure on the NHS and more and more people will be “down sizing” from family homes to apartments , penthouses and bungalows within gated secure communities.
- Due to this GA-SELECT has a number of clients with requirements from larger “village sites” to .6 of an acre for a small but well presented apartment block for 10 to 12 assisted flats. Redundant pub and social clubs make idea locales for these types of properties. 6 acres will provide a residential care home with 85 + apartments, drop in medical centre and circa 20 quality assisted dwellings. If you have a site that you believe fills the criteria give our offices a call for a no obligation confidential discussion.
GA SELECT 01530 41 41 40
Independant Full Commercial Finance
- As the UK’s leading commercial finance broker specialising in the licensed and hospitality sector we have access to exclusive products and lenders.
- We have been working closely with a wide variety of funding sources including, banks, building societies, private lenders, investors and breweries since the 1980s.
- We are an independent partnership and thus have the ability to work purely on behalf of our clients.
- We pride ourselves on giving the best possible advice, even if that means turning a case down if we do not believe it to be viable.
- Being trusted is important to us, that’s why our finance broker has been approved for the BIIBSA (British Institute of Innkeepers Business Accreditation Scheme) and we are full members (since 1997) of the National Association of Commercial Finance Brokers.
- We only ever charge a fee when we’re successful and all of our clients have A FREE initial consultation and appraisal.
- By working closely with clients, lenders and other professionals our customers have a better chance of completing a purchase or refinance than those of other brokers or who approach their banks direct.
- We have the highest success rate with our primary lender of any intermediary in the UK, across all business sectors.
- Over the years we have supplied extensive advice and case studies to the hospitality trade press as well as being invited by a number of lenders to assist them in writing their policy for the licensed trade.
- We are able to assist with the purchase of premises or business, equipment, vehicles and can offer a variety of other savings across the finance markets.
- We provide a monthly newsletter with information about funding, the market etc. Please call the office for further details.
- We are full members of the National Association of Commercial Finance Brokers and subscribe to their code of conduct. We are members of the professional advisors panel of BIIBAS.
GA SELECT 01530 41 41 40
Commercial Property Solicitors
- With more than 20 years experience of acting for licensees in the acquisition, financing and disposals of pubs, clubs and hotels we should be the first point of contact for all your legal needs.
- We have acted for hundreds of licensee clients both buying and selling freehold properties. We have been acting for licensees since 1987. Our in-depth knowledge of the marketplace and licensed trade, paired with our technical expertise makes us the perfect choice to act for you.
- Our team takes a very practical and proactive approach in getting the deal done.
- Whether you are new to the pub trade and need advice on drinks ties, licensing legislation and what to expect or you are a seasoned professional we have the right team to work with you in achieving your goals.
- Providing a personal, friendly and efficient service at completive prices, we take pride in our customer service and reputation.
- Liquor Licenses
- Corporate & Commercial
- Wills & Probate
- Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPA)
- Family Law
Additional legal services offered by us include:
GA SELECT 01530 41 41 40
Freehold Sites with Change of Use Potential
- Our associate has over 30 years in the property market, across all sectors of the industry.
- Our associate has acted on behalf of Punch Taverns PLC, and Greene King.
- Now brings his expertise to the sale of more challenging pub and Licensed premise sites.
- He can ‘tap into’ a wealth of talent, to assess, promote, progress and complete on sites with potential for redevelopment, or a change of use.
- The team at GA Select are expert at getting premises delicensed, where appropriate.
- We have the skill set to unlock the potential in your pub, all you need do is call or email us.
- Redundancy, Lifestyle change, semi retirement or ‘because I want to’.
- More and more people are looking at buying a lifestyle business in mainland europe, but are put off by the red tape.
- GA Select now have an Associate based in Southern France, who can offer expert advice on both the buying and selling process.
- We are able to assist with the purchase of a licensed property for you, or can sell your existing business, if you have decided to move back to the UK or vice versa.