Property Details« Return to Property Book
COMFORTABLE TRADITIONAL LOCAL NEIGHBOURHOOD PUB LOCATED WITHIN THE AMBER VALLEY VILLAGE OF HEAGE DERBYSHIRE
A TRADITIONAL EASY TO RUN FREEHOUSE PUB OFFERED AT £280,000 FREEHOLD TO INCLUDE FIXTURES AND FITTINGS, GOODWILL PLUS S.A.V.
- Sales held at VAT threshold – 100% wet driven – catering kitchen
- Suitable for alternative use
- Lounge (30) & Snug (18) + pool area
- Patio & beer garden with open country views – parking (20)
- Gateway to Derby Peak District yet within strong “chimney pot” village
- 3 large bed roomed owners accommodation – private yard / garage
LOCATION (DE56 2AG)
The village of Heage in Derbyshire is situated midway between Belper and Ripley and is today famous for its recently-restored six-sailed windmill. Work on building the mill started in 1791 and it was first recorded as working in 1797. The tower is built from local sandstone and after its recent renovation it is now back in working order. Heage is a scattered village lying between the larger towns of Ripley, Ambergate and Belper. The village is in two main parts, Heage itself, and Nether Heage (or formerly High Heage and Low Heage). Neither village has a centre and consists of houses and cottages scattered along the roads and lanes, with some small estates of modern housing. The name is from the Anglo-Saxon ‘Heegge’ meaning high, lofty or sublime. Situated in the Amber Valley area, the main occupations of the original inhabitants would have been farming. There are still family-owned farms today, rearing sheep and dairy cattle and growing cereal and root crops. You will find the village either from the A38 then B6374 or from the A610 and then the B6374. The pub is to be found on Brook Street and is on a main bus route.
The property is of painted local brick construction possibly dating back to the Georgian period, under pitched tiled roofs and has an imposing attractive side aspect. Internally the property is very traditional with a mix of fixed seating and stools / stools to polished bar tables set on wrought iron bases, the public rooms being carpeted and has some beaming providing a “Tudor” effect. LOUNGE (30) with CENTRAL BAR SERVERY having a range of Real Ale Wickets and “bright beer” pumps. The server is of mid stained paneled timber construction with polished counter top. A store area is to the rear. To one end of the lounge is an area set aside for playing pool and darts. SNUG (18) provides a further dart board and has a fitted gas fire. BEER CELLAR is set below ground. LADIES & GENTS facilities are provided internally. CATERING KITCHEN, currently not used by our client is off the pool area and partly equipped.
The owner of the pub has 3 large bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen and living area with a private yard and garage.
To the bottom end of the car park (20) is a grassed garden area with open country views. To the pubs side a patio area has been laid out with timber garden furniture.
We are advised that the business has a Premises licence that allows opening of 10am through to 12 midnight then 1am Friday and Saturday. Currently the business is closed all day Monday then opens daily at 12 noon until close. A Personal License will be required and our training associates can assist with this for you.
We are instructed to offer the property and business for sale as TOTALLY FREEHOLD
We are advised that the pub benefits from water ,sewage, electric and gas. Business rates payable are below £1,000 p.a.
The business has been owned by our clients for 5 years and due to bereavement have decided to retire. Prior to this, the owners chose to trade up to the VAT threshold totally wet driven. Without doubt there is a tremendous opportunity to take trade further with new inspired and energetic owners. Alternative use (subject to PP’s) is also feasible. The property does not have a “listing” and there are other business’s within the village therefore change of use if required should not be a problem. ECP will be made available upon request.
THIS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED FOR ALTERNATIVE USE OR AS A LOW KEY EASY TO RUN LOCALS PUB.
Accounts information will be made available to interested parties after viewing.
Our finance associates will be pleased to advise and assist in the purchase of this outstanding business.
The Property was viewed by Graham Allman who will be delighted to discuss the opportunity with you 7 days a week on 07765 251 208.
Viewings appointments can be made via one of GA-SELECT Business Managers on 01530 41 41 40 who can also refer you to experienced solicitors, accountants, and other trade experts.
The Current Market: Business Valuation
- GA Select are now offering to arrange for one of our highly experienced Directors to visit your premises and provide you with a professional Opinion as to the latest Market value of your Business.
This will enable you to measure the value of your particular business to your Pub Co should you wish to buy your Pub from them. We can even put you in touch with finance sources to assist you with this.
- We will provide you with a confidential written report as to the value of a freehold free house along with an opinion as to the "bricks and mortar" value enabling you to make the decision as to just how much you should be offering, is it affordable and would it be beneficial to you?
- You will be surprised just how reasonable our services are and of course the fee is claimable back against your taxation liability including the VAT.
- "Expert witness" support is also available for partnership “buy outs” and unfortunate marriage split ups. Phone now for a no-obligation quote 01530 414140
GA SELECT 01530 41 41 40
The Leisure Industry is almost 75%
of our Country’s Income
- The Licensing Pub Industry comprises in excess of 50,000 public houses and licensed trade premises with Pretty Village Pubs, outstanding Coaching Inns, Bars and Restaurants, offering affordable Leaseholds and Freeholds, along with a wide selection of Social Clubs, Large and Small Hotels collectively covering local villages or city centre sites, country venues and historic market towns.
- The Licensing Industry is without question excellent ways of earning a good profitable living, Inland Revenue recognize a saving to potential purchases of £30,000 a year living expenses, dependant on trading figures; this is without doubt a figure not to be taken likely, GA Select have all licensed premises for sale throughout England and Wales. Please contact the GA Select office for any further information.
GA SELECT 01530 41 41 40
New Pension Reform
How will it affect me and my Staff?.
- From the 1st October 2012 the workplace pension’s law has changed. Every employer Have new legal duties to help their workers in the UK save for retirement. They must automatically enrol certain workers into a qualifying workplace pension scheme and make contributions towards the pension scheme.
- These duties will be staged over a six year period, starting with large Company Employers.
- We have a range of information available to help you get to grips with your new duties, of workplace pensions.
- The government has introduced a new law to make it easier for people to save for their retirement. It requires all employers to enrol their employees into a qualifying workplace scheme if they are not already in one.
Automatic Enrolment – What does this Mean?
For further information please contact the GA Select office or Tick the ‘Pension Reform’ box in our contact form
Does this affect me?
- Are not already in a qualifying workplace pension scheme
- Are at least 22 years old
- Are below state pension age
- Earn more than £8105 a year;- and
- Work or ordinarily work in the UK (under their contract)
- However, even if you do not qualify to be automatically enrolled, you still have the right to join the scheme. If you tell your employer that you would like to opt in to the scheme, they must allow you to do so
- Although automatic enrolment comes in from 1st October 2012. Individual employers duties will be introduced gradually over the following five years. And will be based on the employers size. More Info:
Employers have to automatically enrol workers who for example:-
When is this happening?
GA SELECT 01530 41 41 40
Brewers Loans Ease The Way
"It's about who you know"
- GA-SELECT has made arrangements with a World Class Brewer whose name is synonymous with quality brand leading products ,priding itself on delivering a high degree of customer focused service to provide funding to the FREETRADE both freeholds and FOT Leaseholds. These will be SPECIAL BESPOKE LOANS at HIGHLY COMPETATIVE RATES and 1st TIME ENTERANTS are welcome to apply (some categories of loans may be NON STATUS).
- We are able to introduce you to a world where trade experienced professionals are ready to assist you with virtually every issue that you come against when striving to develop a highly profitable licensed business and the rewards that will follow. Whether it’s a new business or to expand your existing business or portfolio, talk to us first.
- Building on the Associated services that GA-SELECT currently offer, our “one stop shop” is at hand to advise and resolve most situations in which a modern licensed businessman or women find themselves in.
For further information please contact the GA Select office.
- Graham Allman MD of GA-SELECT observes that funding for the trade has gone full circle and believes that the licensed trade is a great way to earn a living.
- The “BREWERY LOAN” is back on the horizon with some loans being “turned around” within two weeks. There will be a range of types of loans available to businessmen, from unsecured loans for lesser amounts up the range to secured loans either by way of 1st charge or behind a current lending as a 2nd charge. With the emergence of Free of Tie (FOT) leaseholds from private landlords, pub companies who offer the FOT as a basic lease condition such as the 850 pubs of The Wellington Pub co and the opportunities being offered by some of the more enlightened Pub Co’s who previously only offered tied leases this opens a Pandora’s box of solutions and opportunities. Let’s not forget Freehold Free houses that make up 25% of the countries pub stock. GA-SELECT has a number of FOT leaseholds with the option to purchase the freehold further down the line.
- Our own “in house” brokers are at hand to advise you on how to structure and package the proposal for you along with a Specialist Commercial Manager from the Brewery Company.
GA SELECT 01530 41 41 40
Residential Retirement VillagesAssisted living – The way of the future
- With a population with an ever increasing life expectancy the pressure is on to provide solutions to the problems of living longer. Later Living and Assisted Living apartments and specialized residential gated villages will be part of that solution. The NHS will also be under pressure and this will also need to be addressed.
- Most local authorities and the National Government have strategies to support people to live independently however both nursing homes and residential homes have failed to progress as rapidly as expected. Independently run and financed “drop in centre’s” will resolve some of the pressure on the NHS and more and more people will be “down sizing” from family homes to apartments , penthouses and bungalows within gated secure communities.
- Due to this GA-SELECT has a number of clients with requirements from larger “village sites” to .6 of an acre for a small but well presented apartment block for 10 to 12 assisted flats. Redundant pub and social clubs make idea locales for these types of properties. 6 acres will provide a residential care home with 85 + apartments, drop in medical centre and circa 20 quality assisted dwellings. If you have a site that you believe fills the criteria give our offices a call for a no obligation confidential discussion.
GA SELECT 01530 41 41 40
Independant Full Commercial Finance
- As the UK’s leading commercial finance broker specialising in the licensed and hospitality sector we have access to exclusive products and lenders.
- We have been working closely with a wide variety of funding sources including, banks, building societies, private lenders, investors and breweries since the 1980s.
- We are an independent partnership and thus have the ability to work purely on behalf of our clients.
- We pride ourselves on giving the best possible advice, even if that means turning a case down if we do not believe it to be viable.
- Being trusted is important to us, that’s why our finance broker has been approved for the BIIBSA (British Institute of Innkeepers Business Accreditation Scheme) and we are full members (since 1997) of the National Association of Commercial Finance Brokers.
- We only ever charge a fee when we’re successful and all of our clients have A FREE initial consultation and appraisal.
- By working closely with clients, lenders and other professionals our customers have a better chance of completing a purchase or refinance than those of other brokers or who approach their banks direct.
- We have the highest success rate with our primary lender of any intermediary in the UK, across all business sectors.
- Over the years we have supplied extensive advice and case studies to the hospitality trade press as well as being invited by a number of lenders to assist them in writing their policy for the licensed trade.
- We are able to assist with the purchase of premises or business, equipment, vehicles and can offer a variety of other savings across the finance markets.
- We provide a monthly newsletter with information about funding, the market etc. Please call the office for further details.
- We are full members of the National Association of Commercial Finance Brokers and subscribe to their code of conduct. We are members of the professional advisors panel of BIIBAS.
GA SELECT 01530 41 41 40
Purple WiFi a social payment WiFi system that your customers will 'like'.
- Everybody expects free WiFi, so it’s another cost to your business and what do you get? Nada, nothing, zip! Oh sorry, you do a get a slower connection for your own usage - and security risks... Well all that’s changing with Purple WiFi.
- Purple WiFi is a social payment WiFi system that allows you to build your business through social marketing without the need of big marketing budgets. Every user of your WiFi is required to either ‘like’ your Facebook page, ‘tweet’ about you or Google+ your company. What does this mean for you? It means your business is getting constant promotional access to all their friends, followers and circles.
- Purple WiFi can handle your line installation, router set-up and user interface gateways - all for a one off set-up fee, and a small monthly cost.
Purple WiFi 01530 414140
Commercial Property Solicitors
- With more than 20 years experience of acting for licensees in the acquisition, financing and disposals of pubs, clubs and hotels we should be the first point of contact for all your legal needs.
- We have acted for hundreds of licensee clients both buying and selling freehold properties. We have been acting for licensees since 1987. Our in-depth knowledge of the marketplace and licensed trade, paired with our technical expertise makes us the perfect choice to act for you.
- Our team takes a very practical and proactive approach in getting the deal done.
- Whether you are new to the pub trade and need advice on drinks ties, licensing legislation and what to expect or you are a seasoned professional we have the right team to work with you in achieving your goals.
- Providing a personal, friendly and efficient service at completive prices, we take pride in our customer service and reputation.
- Liquor Licenses
- Corporate & Commercial
- Wills & Probate
- Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPA)
- Family Law
Additional legal services offered by us include:
GA SELECT 01530 41 41 40
Freehold Sites with Change of Use Potential
- Our associate has over 30 years in the property market, across all sectors of the industry.
- Our associate has acted on behalf of Punch Taverns PLC, and Greene King.
- Now brings his expertise to the sale of more challenging pub and Licensed premise sites.
- He can ‘tap into’ a wealth of talent, to assess, promote, progress and complete on sites with potential for redevelopment, or a change of use.
- The team at GA Select are expert at getting premises delicensed, where appropriate.
- We have the skill set to unlock the potential in your pub, all you need do is call or email us.
- Redundancy, Lifestyle change, semi retirement or ‘because I want to’.
- More and more people are looking at buying a lifestyle business in mainland europe, but are put off by the red tape.
- GA Select now have an Associate based in Southern France, who can offer expert advice on both the buying and selling process.
- We are able to assist with the purchase of a licensed property for you, or can sell your existing business, if you have decided to move back to the UK or vice versa.
GA SELECT 01530 41 41 40
- Associate Sales Director appointed to open GA-SELECT offices in Home Counties.
- Simon Hallwood has been involved in selling licensed business through out his career.
- Well respected within the licensed trade, highest integrity, pleasant honest & positive approach with both vendors and purchasers.
- Simon lives in the Home Counties and has an in-depth knowledge of the Counties within the South East of England.
- He is constantly gathering market intelligence within the region.
- Within the licensed trade he monitors trends and movements in valuations of licensed businesses.
- Simon chairs the AVLP (Association of Valuers of Licensed Property, est 1894).